Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
Please note that the turn-around time for access to print materials may be longer than normal due to COVID impact on academic libraries across the country. Please note that ILL requests may take longer to process over winter break. Thank you for your patience.
During virtual learning, while the library is closed, students will not be able to receive physical copies of ILL materials, we will only be processing electronic requests. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Log in to Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) to request items not available at Golisano Library by clicking the button above.
If you're automatically logged out after signing in, make sure your browser has cookies enabled. Click HERE for documentation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of materials can I request through ILLiad?
- Book chapters (delivered electronically)
- Journal articles (delivered electronically)
- Dissertations and theses
- Musical Scores
Are there any types of materials that I cannot request through ILLiad?
- Textbooks/class materials (Interlibrary Loan items cannot be borrowed for the duration of an entire semester.)
- Most reference books (You may, however, request one chapter or entry from a reference book.)
- Hard copies of journals or magazines
- Multiple copies of the same book
Is there a charge for using ILLiad?
- Generally no! There is no charge to create an ILLiad account, and most requests are available at no charge.
- If the lending library requires a charge for the item, Interlibrary Loan staff will contact you for approval before finalizing the request. Charges can range from $5.00 - $50.00, and payment will be due at the time of pick up/delivery.
How do I submit a request through ILLiad?
- Click here to watch a brief video tutorial about submitting requests.
How long does it take to receive materials through ILLiad?
- Your request will be submitted to possible lending libraries within 24 hours. More time may be needed over weekends and holidays.
- Electronic requests: 1 day – 2 weeks
- Physical requests: 2 days – 2 weeks
- Media, dissertations/theses, and materials published within the last year may take longer.
How will I know when my request has arrived?
- You will receive an email notification.
- Electronic items are accessed by logging in to your ILLiad account. A link will be provided in the email notification.
- Hard copy items are available at the Golisano Library Resource Desk for pickup.
- Distance Education students can request that hard copy items be mailed to their home address. Faculty/Staff may elect delivery through campus mail. Please contact ILL@roberts.edu to request this service.
How do I renew items in ILLiad?
- For electronic items see: How long will my electronic requests be accessible in ILLiad before they are deleted?
- You can request a renewal for a hard copy item within a week of the due date. To do this:
- Sign in to your ILLiad account, and click the “Checkout Out/Renew Items” link.
- Click on the “Transaction Number” of the item you would like to renew.
- Click the “Request Renewal” link near the top of the page.
- Within the next few days, you will receive an email notification letting you know whether the request has been granted by the lending library and, if so, what the new due date is.
How long will electronic requests be accessible in ILLiad before they are deleted?
- 30 days after the delivery date.
- Please download and save electronic requests to your device for continued access.
Who do I contact for help with ILLiad?
- If you have a general question about using your ILLiad account, contact the Golisano Library Resource Desk at 585-594-6949 or ResourceDesk@roberts.edu.
- If you have a concern or issue with your ILLiad account, contact the Golisano Library Interlibrary Loan Department at 585-594-6017 or ILL@roberts.edu.
- Interlibrary Loan Borrower Policy