Thanks to the generosity of the founder of Paychex Tom Golisano and other supporters, the B. Thomas Golisano Library opened its doors in August of 2007. The 43,000 square foot, two-level new facility replaced the crowded Ora Sprague Library and serves both Roberts Wesleyan College and the Northeastern Seminary. The building is LEED certified and has won a number of awards both for its engaging design and for the excellent service provided by the library staff.
The library combines the warmth of a traditional library with state-of-the-art technological access. It's a great place to focus on research, study or to meet friends in the café. See our Library Floor Plan, here, and stop in for a visit!
The B. Thomas Golisano Library supports the mission, educational goals, and curricula of Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary by partnering with people in information exploration. Click here to learn more about our Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategic Plan 2016–2021.
Click here to view our most recent Annual Report.
- Honorable Mention in 2011 & 2016 from Rochester Regional Library Council (RRLC) Library of the Year
- Academic Library of the Year in 2010 from Rochester Regional Library Council (RRLC) Library of the Year
- Partner in the Connecting Youth with Successful Employment Experiences; Model Transition Program initiative in 2009 from Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES
- Energetix Excellence in Green Lighting Award in 2008 from the Rochester Section of the Illuminating Engineering Society
- State of New York Legislative Resolution from Senator Alesi in 2008
- Merit Award in 2008 from AIA (American Institute of Architects) Rochester
- Arts & Culture Award in 2008 from the Gates-Chili Chamber of Commerce
- Citation from the New York State Assembly in 2008